Water filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm looking more for kayak/camping trips, but maybe I could stick it on a pouch on my BC for emergencies. Does anyone recommend a water filter system that can handle sea water?

None of the camping / backpacking filters will treat seawater.

You would need something too large and too expensive for your intended use.

Pur/Katadyn makes several small ones for survival. We have one in our Life raft. Royal pain in the A$$ to use. But were weve been and done it was nice to have peace of mind. They are also not cheap.

Depending on exactly why you want one, you might look into one of the inflatable solar stills. Obviously, it's much slower so only useful if you're concerned about floating for a while. IIRC some are made for lifeboats, so that may be a clue in hunting them down, especially since I don't know if I used the same name.

Ya, I figured it's a long shot. I was hoping to find a way of getting out of paddling with gallons and gallons of water on my kayak when I go camping for a few days.

Thanks for the tips though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom