Water bubble between lens and underwater-filter. Fixable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaad87

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have recently been on a diving-trip in the Maldives, but when I came back to see the video I see that a water bubble has been between the lens and the underwater-filter.

This is a screenshot from the video: https://www.screencast.com/t/HWEtCm0f

I got no idea if this is at all possible to fix. I know that I can't be perfect, but I'm looking for improvements.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cant see the picture, but just remove the filter under water and make sure no bubbles are left (if there is a click/snap on filter).

It seems like you are looking for a way to fix the photo. Don't think that would be easy. Maybe Photoshop? If you are looking to fix the video - I really doubt it can be done.

Best bet, next time check the filter once under water and clear it if necessary.

I have recently been on a diving-trip in the Maldives, but when I came back to see the video I see that a water bubble has been between the lens and the underwater-filter.

This is a screenshot from the video: https://www.screencast.com/t/HWEtCm0f

I got no idea if this is at all possible to fix. I know that I can't be perfect, but I'm looking for improvements.

When I've experienced bubbles like that on source video I still would like to use, I have found it best to crop the video to get it out of the visible frame. Yes, you lose part of the picture, but it might be ok still. During editing I usually work with small clips of the overall movie anyway, so cropping can be different from clip to clip (or even within the same clip depending on your editing software), to not lose too much of the original view. Also on some parts of the video the drop can be less visible because of the lighting situation, and you can make it even less noticeable by trying to adjust color (fx reducing the colors in the bubble), contrast and brightness (for whole frame or just around the bubble area), but it won't go away. Or you could go J.J. Abrams on the video and add lots of lens flare and try to make it look intentional (just kidding).

I am not a photoshop guru but you can improve this one. A lot of the bubble is just back ground with small fish. You could replace that with a similar area with out the bubble using the clone tool or similar. For the part that hits the bottom you probably have to select the two parts separately and tone them down. Would not be perfect but would look better. A true guru might be able to fix it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom