Watching OLN now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We watched a show on OLN (It was from 9:30-10:00 central), and there was a portion about Houston, and Flower Gardens diving. It was called Outdoor Magazine, about the 10 Ten Urban Adventures. They showed a bit of Flower Gardens diving, and spoke very highly of it. We thought it was pretty cool, and it whetted our appetites even more to go on a FG trip. Our daughter is hyped, hoping to see a whale shark. I seem to remember that August is supposed to be a likely month, is that correct? Did anyone else watch this show tonight? It was pretty cool.

Foo

No, I missed it. Every Whale shark I've seen there has been in August.

Dee:
No, I missed it. Every Whale shark I've seen there has been in August.

I'm unable to do a search here on SB, due to my crippled puter. Would you please share more about your whale shark experiences with us who haven't been so fortunate? I think it would be so amazing to dive with a creature that enormous. When you get a chance, please? Thanks!

Foo

Very cool experiences from what I've read about them... I have YET to see one but there will be a day!! actually one of the reasons I started diving!!

I saw that show when it was repeated late last night. Very cool show.

Foo:
I'm unable to do a search here on SB, due to my crippled puter. Would you please share more about your whale shark experiences with us who haven't been so fortunate? I think it would be so amazing to dive with a creature that enormous. When you get a chance, please? Thanks!

Foo

Hi, Foo...How're ya doing??

It seems this year was a banner year for whale shark sightings at the Flower Gardens. I've been going to the gardens for some number of years and I've yet to see my first out there. I've seen many other fantastic large animals out there. I'm looking forward to the first whale shark. On the other hand my wife and I have seen quite a few on numerous dives in the Bay Islands. On one occasion last year my wife actually had to wait a few seconds before going overboard because the fish was too close!! She says it was her most exciting whale shark dive ever!!

We're leaving Wednesday for the Bay Island...planning on being there about 6 weeks. I'm sure we'll dive Utila, Roatan and Cayos Cochinos...weather permitting.

Regards,

Six weeks in the Bay Islands, that ROCKS. I can only imagine how sweet that will be, good for you and your wife. Have an absolutely wonderful time, dive your a** off. Take a nap in a hammock for meeeee and chill, also. I guess you have an excused absense from the meet n' greet this weekend in Arlington.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom