Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Safe - Richard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Jellyfish Sting Relief Kit.png
Summer is here and it's diving season. Jellyfish stings can be a real problem so we offer the Reef Safe Jellyfish Sting Relief Kit with everything you need to relieve you and your families skin from jellyfish stings. Don't leave home without one!

Jellyfish Sting Relief Kit Includes:

• (1) Reef Safe Sting Cooler Relief Gel 2oz
  • (1) Reef Safe Sting Cooler Relief Spray 2oz
  • (1) FREE Jellyfish Sting Scraper Card
  • (1) Poly travel bag small
Read How to Treat Jellyfish Stings Here or download the file below:

Attachments

• how_to_treat_jellyfish_stings-article.pdf
    675.9 KB · Views: 210
Richard-how does this compare to “Sting No More”? My tropical medicine doctor friend advised me against using a scraper but rather to use tweezers. He claimed that further pressure may cause remnant nematocysts to fire. Curious to get your view.

Tridacna, I'm not a doctor but the generally accepted standard for treatment is to remove the nematocysts by gently scraping in one direction, just as I was taught to treat bee stings. Again, I'm not a doctor but I would think they are so small that it would be difficult to remove them all with tweezers. Also, I wouldn't trust myself to use tweezers and not just crush them and inject more of the poison. All Reef Safe products are environmentally friendly and non-toxic to sea life. They are formulated to FDA standards under careful laboratory controls by a pharmaceutical chemist. The Reef Safe Jellyfish Sting Relief has lidocaine hydrochloride as the active ingredient. Try some for yourself and let us know what you think!

Prefer NOT to HAVE to use this! LOL. I’ll keep with me JIC. I hope not to have to write!a review.

And here I was hoping for the product announcement on the Dyson Jellyfish Slurper with Cyclonic Action. And built in dive flag float.

Maybe some bright kid can use Cripsr to bioengineer the jellies in dayglo colors, so they're at least easier to avoid...

And here I was hoping for the product announcement on the Dyson Jellyfish Slurper with Cyclonic Action. And built in dive flag float.

Maybe some bright kid can use Cripsr to bioengineer the jellies in dayglo colors, so they're at least easier to avoid...

:):clapping: I'll be looking for the announcement on ScubaBoard LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom