Watch help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all, I'm trying to track down a decent quality digital watch for diving. I want something that's obviously waterproof (the deeper the better but must be at least 100 feet), has a backlight for poor visibility/ night diving, a stopwatch and if at all possible a depth gauge as well (not required). Just wondered what others would have for suggestions that they have had good luck with.

G-shock is what you want. No depth gauge but does everything else.

Get one with the front button for the Light. It makes it easier to turn on the light with gloves on.

Also get a dive computer. Once you have a dive computer you wont really need the watch except for a backup in case the computer fails. I went out and bought a g-shock when I started training. Then I got a computer. I rarely wear the watch anymore.

My buddy carries an old Timex Expedition. He use the stop-watch function to track bottom times and time deco stops. Combined with his console depth gauge, it's a great backup to my shiny new computer. We've had it past 100ft with no issues. In true Timex fashion, it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. There are nicer watches out there, but this one will get the job done.

+1 Timex Expedition On my fifth band and second battery.

BTW I use a Atomic Cobalt or SPG for my primaries and an Aeris Epic for redundancy...but the Timex is great too.

Right on thanks guys for the suggestions, I'll take a look at them! :D

Back
Top Bottom