Washing MK 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After each trip, I wash it in the regular cycle just like normal clothes. I then air dry it in the basement (dehumidifier running if needed).

Do you wash yours now or just let it go between dives?

One of the advantages touted for Primaloft is that it can be machine-washed, though I'm a bit wary of that. I have an MK3, and I let it soak in the washer (water only) for a night, then spin cycle it and let it air-dry; I do this a couple of times a year. Once a year or so I'll use a quarter-portion of detergent to wash it. It doesn't seem to degrade the insulation potential of the suit, but the fabric does shrink a bit.

I just toss my MK2 in he washer on the regular cycle (no fabric softener) and let it air dry afterward.

One way to keep some of the nastiness factor down is to wear a wicking base layer (underarmour etc) underneath.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom