Wanting to upgrade...Need advice?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cali_diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been using an Olympus Stylus 1030 for about 4 years. I have taken some awesome pics for a compact. I love the ease of using this system. I have been on so many dives where people with their huge complicated systems have flooded their housing, so I am a little nervous about it. I think I have grown used to the negatives so I think it would be fun to try something a little quicker with more options. I have been looking at the Pen and it looks promising so I was wondering what the Olympus community was thinking about it. Part of me would love to get a slr but I don't think I want to lug around all that equipment. On the ground I use a Nikon D200 but the housing for that starts around 1500.

Appreciate any advice!

Why not get a pen it seems to be very popular here and has some great reviews. I have not heard of anyone flooding one yet and the housings (assuming they are the same quality as for my E-520) are very solid. The only thing with them seems to be the price. For a camera the size of a compact they cost roughly the same as a 'normal' DSLR.

Still if I was buying again the size and convenience would take me in this direction.

i have now over 200 dives with my epl1 in pt-ep01 and it works like new. supper housing for that price.

Back
Top Bottom