Wanting to move upfrom P&S, or at least up grade, any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dannybot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been using an old Olympus FE 230 and housing, about as basic as you can get. I do have some Olympus UFL1 strobes too. I feel terribly limited by this set up, and feel like I could upgrade, and would like any input.

My wife has a Stylus 1030, and gets better images, and it fires faster than mine, and it is waterproof to one ATM, and her housing can accommodate one strobe, if she doesn't want to use a tray.

So I priced started pricing a set up comparable to hers, as well as looking at the XZ-1, and as I do this the price creeps up to near that of the EPL-1 and housing. So I am considering that too.

What I would like from anyone who is willing to chime in is advice on a set up of camera and housing, that can be used as a P&S, or allow for some manual settings, like bracketing, some flash management, maybe RAW and price out around $800, or less. I am not dedicated to Olympus, that is just what we have had so far, I do have a Canon DSLR, although I mostly use A, or P modes for that.

Thanks

Danny

I have been using an old Olympus FE 230 and housing, about as basic as you can get. I do have some Olympus UFL1 strobes too. I feel terribly limited by this set up, and feel like I could upgrade, and would like any input.

My wife has a Stylus 1030, and gets better images, and it fires faster than mine, and it is waterproof to one ATM, and her housing can accommodate one strobe, if she doesn't want to use a tray.

So I priced started pricing a set up comparable to hers, as well as looking at the XZ-1, and as I do this the price creeps up to near that of the EPL-1 and housing. So I am considering that too.

What I would like from anyone who is willing to chime in is advice on a set up of camera and housing, that can be used as a P&S, or allow for some manual settings, like bracketing, some flash management, maybe RAW and price out around $800, or less. I am not dedicated to Olympus, that is just what we have had so far, I do have a Canon DSLR, although I mostly use A, or P modes for that.

Thanks

Danny

The XZ-1 with the PT-050 housing is your best bet and you could even add the PTMC-01 macro lens and be at 800.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom