Wanting to buy underwater camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
yup, a Canon A95 + WPDC50 housing works just fine. S80...dennis, you miss someone? :eyebrow:

I think he is back under an assumed name...

I love my Sealife dc500 elite set. You can buy it as a package and know that everything is compatable. I have gotten great results with this setup.

Bbarnes:
I love my Sealife dc500 elite set. You can buy it as a package and know that everything is compatable. I have gotten great results with this setup.

Yes, that is a fantastic camera. Was awarded "One of the most Amazing Inventions of 2005" by Time Magazine. All of our customers that have purchased it have absolutely loved it, and they're bringing in great pictures. Even the beginner photographers, that's hard to do underwater!

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

I have the sea&sea 750DX and I have been very happy with for both above and below the water. I purchased the kit with the strobe. I only wish I got a more powerful strobe for where I dive. Regardless I found it to be fantastice for what I payed for it. When I was researching camers, I went to a huge camera store and talked to the friendly and helpful staff. When we finished he recommended the sea and sea and they did not even carry it. Great bang for the buck, it is compact and light and easy to use with lots of features. I could not be happier since it is the only digital camera that I now own.

I'm really interested in the DX-750G, I'm also looking at the Canons and housings because allot of the profesionals recommend them because of the pictures they take. I will probably just go with the a Sea & Sea package to get started and see how it goes. The reason for going with Sea & Sea is because I just want to buy everything together as a package. Is it worth it for me to invest in one of the higher end strobes or will the YS-15 Auto be enough to get me started?

I bought the Olympus SP350. During my search I became very conflicted since there was only minor differences between all the cameras in my price range. I had been leaning heavily towards the Canon A620.

Last April I went on a dive trip and about 16 of the 20 of us on the trip had cameras. I had a chance to look at a bunch of cameras "in person" and decided on the Olympus, which was one I had not even had on the radar previously.

So ask questions, check out as many as you can, and you will know when you find the right one.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom