Wanting to buy underwater camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DJR338

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey every one, I am in the market to buy a digital camera to take diving with me. I was wounder what everyone on here was useing for thier under water pictures?
Thank you
David

Check out the Canon, Olympus, & Nikon Forums and see what you want!

You can spend a lot of money on U/W camera equipment but you don't have to. The camera that greenflash has, the Canon S-80, is very popular and takes terrific shots. As he says, check out those forums.

Even as a Nikonian, I reccomend Canons for starters...
Get an A model, any one you are satisified with the Mp, AND can get a housing/adapters for wide-angle (A95, A85, A620...).
But when you go DSLR, go Nikon!!!

Best!

Diver Dennis:
You can spend a lot of money on U/W camera equipment but you don't have to. The camera that greenflash has, the Canon S-80, is very popular and takes terrific shots. As he says, check out those forums.

yup, a Canon A95 + WPDC50 housing works just fine. S80...dennis, you miss someone? :eyebrow:

The cameras of choice at the moment seem to be the Canons, Olympus SP350, Fuji E-900.Any one of these will do a great job underwater

It all depends on what you want to spend and how easy you want it to be to use. If you want something really easy to shoot (take great pictures right out of the box) but packed with features, check out the Sea and Sea DX8000G. It is an 8.24mp camera that has manual or automatic white balance and tons of other features. It has the fastest shutter for digital cameras in its class. It's only $879. It has one of the best wide angle lenses I've seen, it takes a much wider field of view and takes fantastic pics.
http://crazyscuba.com/pd_new_dx8000g.cfm

It's little brother, the DX-750G is a less expensive camera but still packed with features. It is recordable to 7.19mp for only $485. http://crazyscuba.com/pd_new_dx750g.cfm

The DC500 by Sealife is only $499 and won Time Magazines award for one of the "Most Amazing Inventions of 2005". http://crazyscuba.com/pd_dc_500.cfm

We test dive all of our equipment and help our customers pick the right camera for them, based upon what their needs are and what they want to be able to do with the camera. Those are questions you should answer before buying a camera. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with, I've been taking pictures underwater since I started diving...and that was a LONG time ago! lol... :wink:

Thanks,

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

Hey, Thanks for the info everyone. Im still undecided but the suggestions i have recieved have helped alot. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom