wanting to build a long hose set up need reg advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at building a long hose set up and am wondering what regs you fellow divers would recomend? I am open to any brand but I am on a budget so that rules out the B2 or the $500+ regs. Any ideas would be great. I will mostly be diving in Dallas TX area or warmer. I may make a trip or two up to the northeast to vist seom family and friends. I am sort of torn between ScubaPro or Zeagle. I would like both second stages to match but that is not an absloute must have. Once again any one got some recomendations?

Apeks DS4 + ATX 40 seems to be quite popular
SP Mk16 + R390 also seems to be a nice setup

Neither one should break the bank. If these are too spendy maybe that SP Mk2 + R190 would work for you.

Lukiedukie:
I am looking at building a long hose set up and am wondering what regs you fellow divers would recomend? I am open to any brand but I am on a budget so that rules out the B2 or the $500+ regs. Any ideas would be great. I will mostly be diving in Dallas TX area or warmer. I may make a trip or two up to the northeast to vist seom family and friends. I am sort of torn between ScubaPro or Zeagle. I would like both second stages to match but that is not an absloute must have. Once again any one got some recomendations?

You can use your present regs and just change the hose to either a 7' or 5' depending on your preference.

If you are looking at going more towards DIR, a 7' hose along with Apex or DiveRite regs is a popular choice.

I use the Dive Rite G2500 reg set for my long hose setup. Its an awesome reg.

Stick with balanced regs (both for the 1st and the 2nd stage)
The adjsutment knobs on 2nd stages are great, it allows you to adjust the ease of breathing. (very usefull if you ever plan on doing any cold water diving)

As to which company, they all have good products.
I am a Scubapro guy and love all of my regs from them. The mk25 flows more air than any other reg currently on the market.

I am not a fan of the apeks/zeagle (the same thing), their 2nd stage is a copy of the Scubapro G-250 with minor changes to avoid copyright laws, which in my opinion were cheaply designed.

Oceanic is another line to look at. They are very well made and less expensive than many of the other manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom