Wanted:Sea & Sea DX5/8000G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Georgia, I have an 8000G that has been used on two dive trips. Picture quality can be seen in my gallery page. However, I broke the mode dial on the top that can be repaired at sub aquatic. I broke this camera 10 days before a trip to the Galapagos islands and could not repair it in time for the trip so I bought a DX-1g to replace it. I have the camera and the wide angle lens that goes with it. Email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net if you are interested in it.

Regards,

Bill

Georgia, I have an 8000G that has been used on two dive trips. Picture quality can be seen in my gallery page. However, I broke the mode dial on the top that can be repaired at sub aquatic. I broke this camera 10 days before a trip to the Galapagos islands and could not repair it in time for the trip so I bought a DX-1g to replace it. I have the camera and the wide angle lens that goes with it. Email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net if you are interested in it.

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

I have a DX8000G also. Were you able to reuse the housing and the wide angle lens when you switched to the DX-1G? I am considering changing to another camera.

Thanks.

Originally I was told that I could use my wide angle lens by the photo shop I bought the DX-1g from; however, when I got the camera it was evident that it would not fit :-(. By that time I found that out my back was against the wall because my Galapagos trip was less than a week away so I bought the wide angle lens for the DX-1G. To the credit of the photo shop I bought the camera from they sold me the wide angle lens at a discount. Also, regarding your question about the housing, the housing for the DX-1g is totally different from the 8000G so you have to buy the DX-1G camara and housing together.

Regards,

Bill

Originally I was told that I could use my wide angle lens by the photo shop I bought the DX-1g from; however, when I got the camera it was evident that it would not fit :-(. By that time I found that out my back was against the wall because my Galapagos trip was less than a week away so I bought the wide angle lens for the DX-1G. To the credit of the photo shop I bought the camera from they sold me the wide angle lens at a discount. Also, regarding your question about the housing, the housing for the DX-1g is totally different from the 8000G so you have to buy the DX-1G camara and housing together.

Regards,

Bill

I spent $2600 for the DX8000 and I am not at all happy with the noise in low light conditions. It takes great pictures in good light, but at the low light end, there is way too much noise in the pics. I may add a second strobe to see if that improves it. I am already using one YS-110.

Thanks.

I have not had a problem with taking pics. I used it on night dives and it worked fine. My Fiji pics (see gallery) were taken with with the 8000G and a DX-90 auto Sea&Sea strobe. However, I recently bought the YS-110and like it a lot more. I also am going to invest in a second strobe to get a wider swath of light when I take my pics. I would have gotten the camera repaired (cause I was really impressed with the pictures that it took) but time was not on my side and I didn't want to go to the Galapagos without a camera.

Regards,

Bill

I have not had a problem with taking pics. I used it on night dives and it worked fine. My Fiji pics (see gallery) were taken with with the 8000G and a DX-90 auto Sea&Sea strobe. However, I recently bought the YS-110and like it a lot more. I also am going to invest in a second strobe to get a wider swath of light when I take my pics. I would have gotten the camera repaired (cause I was really impressed with the pictures that it took) but time was not on my side and I didn't want to go to the Galapagos without a camera.

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

Did you shoot any macro with it? It appears that most or all of the pics in your gallery are shot at a distance. Do you have any images shot at close range that you can share? I need to send the camera in for repair anyway because I busted the LCD Display, but I may have them give it the once over to see if there is anything else wrong with the picture quality.

Thanks.

Jim, the closest shot I have of a macro were the nudibranches. The nudibranches were only a half-inch long. If you send me your email address I will send you a link to the photo album I created with Kodak that has those shots.

Regards,

Bill

Regards,

Bill
How do you think of the DX-1g? And how much did you get it? I also want to get this DX-1G instead of my old DX-5000G, which takes great pictures in good light at the first few weeks, but it can't work well now. I found some great reviews about the DX-1G, but hope to know some user's experience.

Hi viola, I am very impressed with the DX-1G. You can see some of the pics to took in the Galapagos by clicking on "view gallery" to the left of my posts. This camera also takes great above water pics as well. As stated in my previous posts, I have used Sea&Sea cameras for several years now and have not been disappointed with any of them.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom