wanted a good used Hasselblad U/W Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Felixsimba

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a good used Hasselblad U/W housing. Any flash attachments would also be welcome. Anyone know where I can find one? Thank you.:D

whoa, major bank.

Felixsimba:
I am looking for a good used Hasselblad U/W housing. Any flash attachments would also be welcome. Anyone know where I can find one? Thank you.:D

I'm about to sell off some of my Hasselblad grear. I have a 50mm F4 FLE, and a 503cxi kit with a metered prism. If you are serous about this you can PM me.

As for a housing, good luck with that! :D I've heard of some custom housings, but I can not imagine that they would be cost effective.

RonFrank:
I'm about to sell off some of my Hasselblad grear. I have a 50mm F4 FLE, and a 503cxi kit with a metered prism. If you are serous about this you can PM me.

As for a housing, good luck with that! :D I've heard of some custom housings, but I can not imagine that they would be cost effective.
Hi Ron
thanks but I already have a 503CW and a 500C. What I am looking for is the original housing built by Hasselblad. Any ideas where I can find one besides robbing the museum....haha!
Felix

ajames54:
HEY!
I asked first!
Now you're going to start a bidding war!
huh? you know of one somewhere? quick tell me.,,,,money is all I got!

I've seen them once in a blue moon on ebay. You might also try asking around at wetpixel.com, there have been a few users there that have shot a hassy underwater.

Felixsimba:

If I knew of one for sale I would own it... I'd lend it to you though. We have a Camera Shop here that has one on display.. but they wont even rent it to me..
(If I ever do come up with one it will be for the 500C)

Hi James

How about if you just walk up to your camera shop and asked them how much they want for the housing? Remember the old dsaying....if you don't ask you don't get? Seriously it is for my 500C. Cheers.

Felixsimba:

Must be nice. I'd say that a Canon 1DsMarkII with a 16mpix sensor, a huge assortment of lenses, and things like autoexposure, fast autofocus, and other features would make a MUCH better UW camera than anything Hasselblad makes, even their digital stuff.

If it's good enough for Stephen Frink, I think it's more than enough for ANY UW photographer as there is no one out there putting out higher quality or larger res images in the professional world that I'm aware of.

For Under $25,000 you could get a very nice setup! :D

If you are fixed on getting a Hasselblad UW, you could try contacting all the NY retailers, and see if any of them have one, or know of where one is. KEH is another big used retailer to try.

Putting a Hassy UW has a LOT of problems including how RU going to get orings for the dern thing as I don't think it's going to be easy to find anyone that can get parts.

Another thought if money is no objest would be to approach one of the housing manufacutres, and get something custom built. IMO if you are going to go that route, don't bother with the older Blads, get the H2D. At only $26,000 what a steal! :D Of course that only includes one lens. I'd recommend some insurance as well. :11doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom