Want to upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hankthecowdog

Registered
Reaction score
I've been using the Canon S500 with Canon housing for years with amazing (to me) results. I do mostly macro with the built in flash and the macro setting. Hate the lag and wish the macro was better, also have flooded 2 cameras. But I'm getting jealous of what my friend is doing by adding an off the camera strobe.

I would like a) to buy a good used setup with off the camera strobe. or b) maybe someone could recommend an economical set-up that I could buy new. I want to stay as small and inexpensive as is practical.

I can understand why you posted in the marketplace thread because you are looking to buy a strobe, but you might also want to check out the Strobes and Lighting section if you are looking for recommendations before you buy.

So far your featured threads have been the most helpful, alot of information there. But I'm finding it really hard to zero in on a camera or even a brand. SLR is way too expensive. Alot of the point and shoots have bad shutter lag. I would mostly be doing macro, and I definitely want to add strobe. After spending the bucks I want something that is a definite upgrade from my Canon S500, which has done very well.

well take a look at some of the pics that people are posting from their Canon G9's. If macro's your thing, the G9 sure looks to be a winner.

The G9 does look like a good choice. Exceeds my budget, but it looks like good bang for the buck just the same.

Then perhaps a used G7? I am sure there are many since the G9 showed up....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom