Want to buy ss hammer and chisel combo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NORTHEAST

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
​Hi guys I'm looking to buy a used ss hammer and chisel for wreck artifact salvaging. Please let me know what you have. Pref the one where the chisel is screwed into the handle of the hammer. Please pm me with your price. I'm willing to pay via postal money order or check.

​Hi guys I'm looking to buy a used ss hammer and chisel for wreck artifact salvaging. Please let me know what you have. Pref the one where the chisel is screwed into the handle of the hammer. Please pm me with your price. I'm willing to pay via postal money order or check.

Stainless makes crappy chisels. The alloys that can be hardened are not corrosion resistant, and the corrosion resistant alloys can typically only be work hardened.

You can buy a bunch of nice hard steel chisels. Rinse and oil and they will last ok. You also won't wince as hard when you lose one.

Hammer maybe, but if it was me I'd be welding a steel handle onto a steel single jack hammer head and call it good.

Tobin

Go to a hardware store and buy a non diving chisel and a non diving lump hammer. They'll be more effective and, when you lose them, it won't be nearly so painful.

...and a cheap crowbar. The most useful tool out there. Good for moving all that old, sharp, nasty rusted stuff around. Leave the task-specific tools topside and take the pry bar.

Good ideas guys thank you I will be doing this. And I do like te crow bar idea.

---------- Post added September 3rd, 2015 at 05:43 PM ----------

I guess I can use my small 2 foot crown bar and bungee it to one of my stage bottles!

Back
Top Bottom