Want to buy BC and Reg.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdreeves

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to diving, I'm taking an advanced class and am required to buy a reg, and BC. I'm not sure what to buy or where to even begin to look. but I'm needing something cheap but good.

any suggestions and comments would be great.

Jared

i have a hollis 1st and second stage with a zeagle octo , about a year old I am asking 265.00 plus shipping both are in great shape

you should not have to buy a BC/Reg for a class. you should be able to rent those. But if you want to purchase for you thats different best thing you can do is simply go in a shop or two and try a few out. If you dont care about it and just want something as cheap as you can get it. Go to Buy scuba gear, scuba diving and snorkeling equipment, and everything underwater from LeisurePro.com or Scubatoys.com and get something. For a good reg set and cheaper than most. check out Hog's line of regulators they are top quality great value and performance ask anyone that has them usually will come highly recomended. you get a set 1st stage/2nd adjustable bout 200-250 either diverightinscuba.com or piranhadivemfg.com

Well for that type of class, most scuba shops think, if your that intersted in scuba you need to own your own gear and that is why they make you have your own gear before the class, plus it's just better that way.

PM sent.

I have a Scubapro Knighthawk (medium) with the AIR2 (alternate inflator regulator) , third generation. excellent condition, $350

Firedog's offer isn't a bad deal. You should be able to find a jacket style BCD used in GREAT shape for about $250 or less, add $50-75 if the inflator is also your alt air source. If you're looking to go with a bp/w set up, you're looking at about $350 used and you'll need an octo on your regs.

I've found some great deals on craigslist, ebay and on here. Just remember that if you buy used regs, you'll need to spend up to another $75+ to have them serviced....even if the seller says they were just serviced (unless you trust him/her with your life). The other catch to buying used is you've never tried it out. You might buy a BCD for class and hate it. Too late...you own it. Hence, the advantage to renting for OW class. Good luck.

What size BCD do you wear?
If Smal, I can set you up with a near new BCD and a used set of regs all for $300.
Clearing out some of the things I have in my spare gear locker.

Back
Top Bottom