Want to Buy Aqualung Slingshots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB3535

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to buy a pair of Aqualung slingshots, if you have a pair you would like to sell please pm me (red is preferred but i'll live if they're not red). I tried them the other day and really like them but i am interested in any opinions or experiences anyone might have.

also looking for a second pair for my gf, please post pictures, thanks.

Just used mine all last week in Mexico..... I loved them..... not that I have all that much diving time under my belt, but compaired to the other fins that I have used in the past, I liked these the best. I did buy an extra pair of the "bands" that I keep in my dive bag so if one breaks I won't be stuck on the boat without fins.

anyone else have a pair of slingshots they would be willing to part with?

I love mine though they are now relegated to be used in current as these proved to out perform all the other fins I have tried over the years. They did really well in Cozumel as they were the only fins that allowed me to reverse course easily against the current. Ill list some pros and cons

Pros:
They are excellent for power when needed. You can fight against a current easily.
Easily adjustible even at depth.

Cons:
They are a mechanical fin so where there are mechanical parts there is potential for failuire and costly repairs with both time and money.
they are just a tad longer then most dive bags find pockets so storing them can be interesting.
they also use bands that tend to break so some material is subject to failure as well as parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom