Walnut Grove vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
Dove the Walnut Grove pool last night. Vis was PHENOMENAL! Best I've seen it around here in some time, especially for July.

Access to the site is relatively straight forward with only a few stairs to climb. The ground was a bit slippery though, but if you take your time and make a couple trips with your gear, you'll be fine.

Entry was also very straight forward; flat and solid with a shallow, slopping bottom.

Started fairly shallow for about 25M followed by a gradual, slopping decent down and maxed out at 12' (4M).

Found a bit of life on the bottom - mostly band-aids, some hair elastics and lose change, but certainly no major obstacles to overcome and the current (if any) was very mild.

I also came across a nice wall (two, actually), but not a lot of life on them either...mind you, with virtually unlimited vis, I didn't care. I felt like I was floating in air.

Heading back tomorrow for another night dive. Might bring the camera next time and post some action shots.

:pooldive: :scubadive:

Is it true that the walnut grove and langley pools are connected by a subterranean tunnel? I heard that someone drowned in one and was found in the other several months later.

Keep up the great reports! With Marc covering Victoria, me covering obscure lakes and you covering pools we will have this Province all mapped out in no time (as soon as someone volunteers for the storm sewer beat).

BTW, have you considered exploring Aldergrove lake? I've always wondered what's down there.

Is it true that the walnut grove and langley pools are connected by a subterranean tunnel? I heard that someone drowned in one and was found in the other several months later.
I had not heard that, but if the vis is as good tomorrow night as it was last night, I'll see what I can find.

BTW, have you considered exploring Aldergrove lake?
uh, that would be a big n.o.

I've always wondered what's down there.
Nothing good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom