Waldo Lake, Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maranda1389

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My fiance and I are wanting to do a dive at this lake. I have read/heard the visibility is amazing! I can't really find to much on water temps though. I have seen roughly 65 degrees for the surface temp but what about at depth? Say 30' or so? Anyone know how long of a drive it is from Portland area?

A bunch of us dove it a couple of weeks ago- the viz is unbelievable. As I recall, temps at about 30-40 feet were in the upper 50's. We didn't go all that deep as we did another dive at Crescent Lake earlier in the day. Speaking of, we had an even better dive at Crescent swimming with spawning kokanee near the resort. If you're going to make the 3.5 hour drive from Portland, that might be worth it as well, especially if you're into fish.

Where is Crescent Lake exactly?

Crescent Lake is about 2 hours SE of Eugene on Hwy 58. It's near Willamette Pass and Odell Lake...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom