Waikoloa Coast Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver858

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We enjoy diving on the Big Island, will be staying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in early March, found a dive operator on TripAdvisor with a boat moored on the property - very convenient. The few reviews are recent, all positive, nothing comes up here. Is anyone familiar with them?

I have stayed at the Waikoloa a couple times. I booked the black water dive with that operator (can't remember the name, I think it is through Kohala dive shop), but went with Big Island Divers when a spot opened up. I have heard good things about them and it is very convenient. However, I have heard their boat is small, so you may want to ask about that. Especially if you are doing the blackwater dive.

I would also look into diving Puako. There are a few shore dives there that are fantastic. I rented gear from Kohala divers in the shopping center right next to the Waikoloa. I also dove with Jackson Seay, a personal guide, who was fantastic and he lives right near Puako. He can bring tanks to your dive too.

In my opinion, Place of Refuge (aka Two-step), a shore dive on the south side of the island was my favorite dive on the Big Island. I would definitely consider that too.

Sorry to get off subject a bit, but I hope I helped. PM if you have any additional questions.

+1 for Jackson!! The manta dive is great, but for me, shore diving in Puako is a lot cheaper and nearly as good as the boats!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom