Wage for part time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WartedEmperor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got asked today to work part time at the local dive shop that is 23 miles away. The owner asked me today what a fair wage is and I have no idea. I was thinking minium wage which is $7.25 a hour plus $6.00 for each time I come to work for gas money. What do you think about this wage. Is it to much for a dive shop employee or not enough or just right?

Doing what? Tank monkey? Sales, maintenance, janitor? What hours and what kind of car do you drive? Would this be your only job and what do you need to live on? If you are going to ask for an extra 6 bucks for gas why not just say you need 8 bucks an hour. That's 7.25 plus 8 hours at 75 cents an hour which is 3/4 of $8 or 6 bucks. What skills do you bring to the table? Can you do web site work, prepare packages for shipping, fix a compressor, all of these are things that figure in. What is your education level? Any college? How are your people skills and communication skills (verbal and written)?

I would be making sells, filling tanks, stocking, and cleaning up. I can do website work but have not talked abou that yet.

$8.50 an hr. would be basic wage here in FL. If you do web stuff, make sure you're compensated for it. Don't let yourself be taken advantage of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom