WA: shore dive 4/8-7/8?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docPhil

Registered
Reaction score
Just unpacked all of my old gear from Syd and keen to get wet again. Would like to know if any locals want to have a quick dip? Free all this week. Better in the Arvo or night. Experienced. GUE dive trained.

Phil.

Great! A bit too far south for me, but there are a lot divers around there.

If you are on Facebook, check out the Western Australian Photographic Society page - they dive pretty much every weekend and are very welcoming.

I'm willing to travel (pretty much entire life story since coming here!) to hook up with local knowledge.

Just crammed for time as UNI is really demanding :( and this is an unexpected break!

Who can go past a wonderful morning dive at the Rockingham Wreck Trail?

There are a few reasonable shore dives but many of the reefs are pretty weather dependant.

There is a decent amount of life at Robb's Jetty and Ammunition Jetty just south of Fremantle, especially at night. A lot of the dive shops organise insta-buddy night dives on Wednesday or Thursday.

Alas work is unlikely to ease up enough to get a mid week dive in this week but if anything changes happy to update you.

Tq. Was considering a "solo" last night! But not knowing waters/ survey map kinda took the better of me. :(

Ammo Jetty is probably one of the easier sites and more often than not you'll encounter other divers in the evening.

I don't have a map of the Site but there are some general directions at the site below:

Ammo Jetty Shore Dive Directions Perth WA, Howies Scuba

(not my site but has some reasonable info on some of Perths local dive sites).

You can gear up in the carpark and then enter off the beach next to the Jetty. The dive is essentially a Jetty dive along the pylons, I haven't encountered anything but sand and a few seagrass beds beyond it.

Well if weather permits may be time to crack the dry suit open!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom