w00t!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehehehe... yeah... i hurl easily

H2Andy:
everybody whom i respect as a diver has told me never to use the suit
for bouyancy. that's what we did in class. bc for bouyancy, suit for
exposure protection.

it makes sense to me. the suit is way too slow for fine-tuning bouyancy. it
takes way too long to vent.

also, i want to keep as little air on that suit as humanly possible, so i wouldn't
use the suit as inflation even if i didnt' believe these guys.

hurry up and take the class! :wink:

I agree. It would make sense. I just wonder if my instructor will go "by the book" or if I say I would rather learn another way (bc for buoyancey) will he be cool with it. I dont want to learn some bad habits I will have a hard time ditching later. know what I mean?

seakdivers:
I just had to chime in and say that I also have the TLS350 - it's an awesome suit! I love the newer style of zipper.

Just get yourself some dry gloves, and you are set!

sadly I hated the dry gloves :( I felt trapped lol

Im reading my dry suit class book and I have a question. If I only put a tiny bit of air in my suit to avoid squeeze and use my BCD for buoyancy, wont I have to keep adding air to my suit the deeper I go and end up using both BCD and suit for buoyancy? Did that make sense? I was hoping to be able to use just the BCD, not because im lazy but I really suck at multitasking :) If anyone sees this and has advice thank you :)

ScubaTwo:
Im reading my dry suit class book and I have a question. If I only put a tiny bit of air in my suit to avoid squeeze and use my BCD for buoyancy, wont I have to keep adding air to my suit the deeper I go and end up using both BCD and suit for buoyancy? Did that make sense? I was hoping to be able to use just the BCD, not because im lazy but I really suck at multitasking :) If anyone sees this and has advice thank you :)

Yesl you will have to add more air to your suit. And yes, you will wind up having to manage two airspaces.

Pax,

Darn.

Back
Top Bottom