w00t!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTwo

Reaction score
I have mentioned on other threads how its sometimes difficult for a large woman to find a good fitting wet suit. WELL let me tell you. I saved and saved and saved and finally got my DUI drysuit and it didnt cost me anymore to get fitted then for hubby (even with all the extra material it took for mine lol). So no more landlocked winters for me AND it actually fits right :) I still like to dive wet as I love the water but it will be nice to stretch out the diving season. Ok just checking in, happy diving! :wink:

What kind of suit did you get? I am in the market for one also. I have no working knowledge of drysuits - I am going to Beaver Lake, AR for DUI's Dog Days to try and figure them out.

So nice to have something that fits.

Becky

nauifins73:
What kind of suit did you get? I am in the market for one also. I have no working knowledge of drysuits - I am going to Beaver Lake, AR for DUI's Dog Days to try and figure them out.

So nice to have something that fits.

Becky

We ended up getting the TLS350 signature series. We went to the DUI Dog Days at Mermet Springs. They took our measurments and we kinda walked around asking lots of diff questions. Didnt decide right away but they are very helpful. We kinda wanted to talk to other dry divers and get their opinons and in the end we decided on the DUI. The dog days events are a blast. :) We also had no working knowledge of drysuits but they will spend alot of time with you one on one teaching you the basics. We just signed up for the drysuit class from our LDS. Im anxious to start :)

hey, i just bought a used TLS350; just have to say it!!

on Saturday, we cut the seals and am spending time with an instructor learning to
use it.

congratz on your purchase! im really excited about mine :wink:

H2Andy:
hey, i just bought a used TLS350; just have to say it!!

on Saturday, we cut the seals and am spending time with an instructor learning to
use it.

congratz on your purchase! im really excited about mine :wink:

Thank you! It is exciting. This will definatley be my last winter looking longingly at my dive gear lol. Our instructor said he would show us how to cut our seals so we dont ruin them right away lol. We are supposed to call him as soon as we finish the book. Im dont mine now!!! Waiting on hubby to hurry the bleep up. Did you get the harness weight system also? I did because my legs are very buoyent and I can adjust it a bit lower. I dont even have my hanger for it yet, I keep opening the box and looking at it like christmas every day lol.

nope, i didn't get the harness weight system. i don't wear any weight other
than my aluminum plate and a steel tank...

even with no weight, i'm still overly negative at the start of the dive, so i'm hoping
that the drysuit won't be as bouyant as my wet suit (3mil farmer john) so i won't
have to add any weight.

H2Andy:

even with no weight, i'm still overly negative at the start of the dive, so i'm hoping
that the drysuit won't be as bouyant as my wet suit (3mil farmer john) so i won't
have to add any weight.

ahh lucky you! Im still working on getting my weight requirements down bit by bit. Im a living cork. I tried on the harness tho and it seems very comfy. More so then trying to stuff all that weight in my weight pockets. Plus the pockets only have velcro and im always worried they are gonna fall out. I got my bcd after my first dive being hooked and all..now I wish I hadnt cause there are so many things I would have looked for differently. Oh well, I will wear the thing out quick so I can get another one lol.

H2Andy:

have to add any weight.

Uhm, are you kidding? You do realise you put air in a drysuit to stop the squeeze, right? They are much more buoyant than wetsuits!!

Have you recieved thorough drysuit training? If not I suggest you do as drysuit diving requires a much greater knowledge of the suit (e.g. what to do if your inflation hose sticks on and you just keep filling up with air permanently - and yes, it does happen sometimes - what to do if you've got buoyant feet, how to expell exceess air from your suit if your valve jams shut or you need to dump a lot of air from your suit quickly...). Please dive safely!

Amy Capello:
Uhm, are you kidding? You do realise you put air in a drysuit to stop the squeeze, right? They are much more buoyant than wetsuits!!

Have you recieved thorough drysuit training? If not I suggest you do as drysuit diving requires a much greater knowledge of the suit (e.g. what to do if your inflation hose sticks on and you just keep filling up with air permanently - and yes, it does happen sometimes - what to do if you've got buoyant feet, how to expell exceess air from your suit if your valve jams shut or you need to dump a lot of air from your suit quickly...). Please dive safely!

yup, i am taking a class this Saturday. but i disagree with you. the air needed
to prevent squeeze is minimal, and it doesn't affect bouyancy all that much, if
any, except if done improprely (i.e. using way too much air).

what really affects bouyancy in a dry suit is the type/thickness of the undergarment.

i am hoping that my undergarment won't force me to wear any extra lead... we'll see
:wink:

Hi
I hope all y'all keep posting to the site. I'm determined to begin diving dry here in Massachusetts this summer. Right now the water temp is 36*F so I might wait a bit & learn some from your experiences if you're willing to share them.
I did the SSI drysuit specialty course last fall & the confined water dive in a pool with a tri-lam suit but no cozy underwear & it was still warm as heck. very odd feeling having the suit loose around me and the air moving from place to place. I made the mistake of extending my arm up above my head in a vertical position and all the air went up to my wrist. I had to grab it with my other hand to pull it down & get the air back into the rest of my suit. reminded me of waterbeds when they were first manufactured, before they were baffled. Bloooo-rp!
Good luck with all your training and keep posting your experiences.
ADY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom