w/a shots with 1 strobe-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samui13

With a single strobe use the longest arm you have and place the strobe directly above the port, not to one side or the other. Aiming is important with this setup. In most wide-angle photos only a relatively small part of the frame needs to be lit with artificial light, the majority of the frame is lit with ambient light. Beautiful wide-angle images can be created with relatively small strobes, it is a common misconception that with a 10.5mm lens, for example, you need to light the whole 180-degree angle of acceptance. You only need to light your close subject.

i have been reading some opinions regarding single strobes and it seems that experimenting with the strobe position is vital. I have read elsewhere also that positioning the strobe directly above the housing would be a good place. The kind of shots I am hoping to compose will be making full use of the natural light and the strobe would only be used to light the foreground.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom