Vytec "Codes" - what's the deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone published a list of these codes, and what they mean? I'll be diving, and I'll get a "Code 08" or a "Code 10"

I've gotten several that I've written in my Wetnotes:

Code 08
Code 10
Code 34
Code 17

I can't find in the manual a listing of these, or what they mean. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. Of course, I am concerned, as I have no %#^$% idea what these mean.

Operation seems to be fine - it gives me what I need: Temp, depth & time. When I bounced the operation of my unit against another unit last weekend, we matched up.

Have any of you seen these codes before? Any ideas?

Thanks -

Ken

It's an ID for the frequency the transmitter is transmitting at - that's why you have to hold the computer up to the AI unit at the beginning of the dive, to sync it up. The different codes are random I believe - this way if you get two divers, both with Vytecs, on the same boat or dive, you can be certain that your computer is getting readings from your tank.

If you had two divers both get code 18, one of you should reset - otherwise, if you walk past his tank, you'll be getting his tank pressure on your computer. Not good on a dive if you and your buddy are both diving Vytecs!

Today, I hooked it up for my wife (no SPG on her rig...another story) and I got a different code..that code 34.

I was reading the manual again - I may have forgot to turn OFF the tramsmitter / reciever function (I hooked it up when I got it to check it out)...if I didn't de-activate the feature, maybe THAT's what is causing it? I'll dig in ajnd be sure the xmitter is off.

Appreciate the tip.

K

Probably works the other way then - the computer tells the transmitter what code to transmit on. I'm betting you've got HP set to ON in your settings like you suggested.

Pages 14 and 15 of the manual talk about the codes you should receive with the transmitter feature turned on. If your manual doesn't you might go to suunto's website and download the correct one for free.

Hope it helps.

Hallmac

is the transmitter code that the HP transmitter has initialized on. Its from the transmitter to the wrist unit.

If you're getting it without a transmitter, then you have it turned on (the setting is "HP") when it shouldn't be...... and you're getting enough noise from something that its being seen as a valid code (not a good thing!)

Turn it off in the computer and the "codes" will go away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom