Vyper Reset During Diving-Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serendipity

Reaction score
Just bought a Suunto Vyper and went diving with it in Fiji while staying on a liveaboard. During my 14th dive, when I ascended to about 25 feet, the computer blinked on and off and reset itself. The computer now showed the dive as dive #1 (although it was dive 14) and maximum depth as 25 feet (my depth when the computer reset itself, although the max was really 90 feet). I didn't press any buttons so I'm not sure why the computer did this. I continued to use the computer on my 6 subsequent livaboard dives and didn't have any more problems.

If anyone can shed some light on what happened, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Only thing I can think of is that it lost contection with the battery, momentarily. But I don't realy see how that's possible. It could also have a short in it. I'd definately be contacting Suunto about it either through the store where I bought it or directly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom