Vyper Air tells me I need a longer surface interval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seattlepaul1975

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all.....so about a week ago my Vyper started giving me the ! mark that indicates I need a longer surface interval. Never had this before, diving the same sites, same profiles.
here are 2 example ones where it gave me a warning.
Thoughts?
These are a normal profile that I would have done in the past and have not seen this before, but now pretty much every dive it happens. The deeper dive the alert is my dept alert for 95-100 ft.
shallow dive 4 11.jpgdeeper 425.jpg

The deeper dive I could see maybe a warning...forgot to add that on original post. :)

Not enough information to make an informed comment. Which dive was first? What surface interval did you attempt?

Uninformed comment follows. If you did the first one first, then you are doing a significant reverse profile (max 54 feet then max 100 feet). While most people do not mind a smallish difference on a reverse profile, almost 50 feet is not very good.

For how long does the ! mark stay? My Vyper has always displayed the ! for about an hour after each dive.

So, the only difference basically is you're getting older........Your computer realizes that & is 'punishing' you........:)......Seriously, I have no clue......

Looks like it might be a somewhat quick pop up from the safety stop on one dive. Was the computer completely happy with that?

When my computer is pi**ing me off I start reading the manual and find out a setting isn't the way I want it, or it just works that way. It could just be a setting to make the deep dives more conservative.

Bob
------------------------------
When all else fails...

You can use the dive simulator, adjust your depth and times to match your 2 dives and see what it tells you. From what I remember the ! will stay for 45 mins after a dive. If you set the algorithm to RGBM 50 the ! wont appear at all.

These dives were from two different days and both the first dive of the day. There was never an issue on alerts on safety stops. The 3 min stops were always followed

Back
Top Bottom