Vyper Air - Prime Scuba - BS or not BS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuderdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After some research, I just ordered a Vyper Air with transmitter, because:

a). I already have a Cobra and Vytec w/transmitter
b). I already have the Suunto data cable (which isn't cheap!)
c). I want my wife and I to be on (more or less) the same platform

I ordered from Prime Scuba, which CLAIMS to be an authorized dealer (Scuba Equipment Discount | Snorkel Equipment & Gear | Scuba Gear | Diving Equipment | Buy Scuba Diving Equipment - Gear | at PrimeScuba
"Prime Scuba is an Authorized Dealer for everything we sell, and you will receive a Full Manufacturers Warranty on anything you purchase from us."

So, what's the deal? Can anyone dispute this? I ask because it's obvious from the wording on their policies and such :

Return & Exchange - From Prime Scuba
Return Policy | LeisurePro.com

that Prime Scuba appears to be same as Liesure Pro (not sure why they would operate under two names), but Prime Scuba has the "old style" LP pricing on some stuff. For example, I got the computer with transmitter "on clearance" for only $750 (Suunto Vyper Air Computer with Transmitter: at Prime Scuba) but I could only find it by doing a search. If you just shop by brand (Suunto) it doesn't show up. So, it does seem like there is something a little fishy going on.

Anyway - anyone have any real issues with Prime Scuba or getting "warranty important" Suunto/Aqualung gear from them?

Hello PRIME SCUBA is 100% authorized dealer for aqualung-suunto any questions please e mail me at garry@primescuba.com

So - will you issue a receipt of some kind that makes the purchase look like it was "in store", since "through the mail" purchases are not covered by AL's warranty? The warranty is the point behind buying from an authorized dealer in the first place, after all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom