Vyper Air no longer displays tank pressure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically same problem with my Vyper Air. Purchased in August 2012 and worked fine until recently. Transmitter works at beginning of dive but about halfway, I will get a FAIL message. Sometimes I will get very high readings and sometimes it will work intermittently through the dive. Had the battery changed a few months ago so the batteries should be good. Brought it into the shop where I purchased it along with dive profiles downloaded from computer showing the problems. Was told that the transmitter is working (always works at beginning of dive), wear computer on same side as transmitter, don't dive with a strobe, make sure no one else has a transmitter....Aside from wearing my computer on the opposite side to my transmitter, none of these suggestions apply. No longer on warranty so not sure if worthwhile sending it away for repairs.

Hi,
what you could do is checking whether the computer or the transmitter is causing the problem. If you have the option to use a dive buddy's computer and/or transmitter for a couple of dives this should become clear. I'm afraid you will need to send in the respective unit in though...

br Hendrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom