Vulkanized Rubber Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smoothskin

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas or help in deciding whether to buy one of these suits for diving or not?

They appear quite stretchy - as I do not want to feel too restircted in a trilam suit.

Any advice?

Ta

Normal Vulcanized suits have very little stretch. The Gates has a series that do stretch a little, and now Viking has a new Combat/Tech suit out that does stretch quite a bit.
Its even available as a front entry suit for you solo divers.:wink: (rear entry is still available for a few $ less)
No extra "accordion/telescoping" needed as the material stretches easily enough that you can pull the critter over your head with no gymnastic ability needed.
They come in any color you want, as long as its black.
They're not cheap though, there's a retail of $2350 for the front entry Pro Tech/Combat.

But would you have one in preference to trilam codura?

SmSk

I have a natural bias towards vulcanized suits, during my commercial diving daze I'd often spend 10 - 11 hours/day in one, more time than in my hotel room.
Vulcanized beats the pants off laminated materials when it comes to resistance to chemicals/petroleum products, it's fast drying & tough as heck, takes about an hour to toss a patch on if you do run into something nasty.
If I was getting a suit for free, I'd take the Tech/Combat suit over anything else out there.
I'd get the back zip though, as I'm always crawling through stuff.
Your mileage may vary, as you probably wouldn't be abusing your suit as much.:wink:
A laminated suit may work out just fine for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom