Vt4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw on Sport Diver the new Oceanic VT4 dive computer. When is it supposed to become available?

Thanks,

At OWU the Oceanic rep told me March, but one of my LDSs says late summer. I'm actually trying to nail this down because I'm looking to by one for myself and Mrs. FoShizzle before we hit the water this year. Failing the VT4, I'm looking at the Suunto Vyper Air. I would like the dual Alg, but I'll be diving more conservative most of the time anyway.

Edit - Another LDS tells me "sometime this summer", and a third says he just got back from Oceanic where he was told 60-90 days. I don't know how the dive industry is with release dates, but most of the industries where I've done this kind of research, if they don't have a firm date 60-90 days before release then it ain't gonna happen in 60-90 days. I am glad they are taking their time to get it right, but I need a new computer this season not next so I'll be getting pricing on the Vyper Air. Any Oceanic people reading this don't be alarmed, I rely on my computer to keep me alive so if you rushed it to market I wouldn't buy it anyway. Do it right the first time, sounds like a great machine so I have know doubt you'll enjoy some nice fruit.

Last edited:
It is avalible right now, we acctually have some in stock. I have already taken the VT4 on a dive and what an amazing computer. In my opinion it blows away the Atomic Cobalt. The VT4 is the easiest computer I have ever used. It was funny a friend of mine that is new into diving and knows absolutly nothing about any dive computer or how to operate them. I gave her the VT4 and said try to figure out how to plan a dive and use the digital compass. It took her less than a min and she has it. This girl has never used any dive computer before and she could figure it out. Nice job Oceanic on another amazing computer. Check out the VT4 on our site we have the best price around.

If it blows away the Atomic Aquatic's Cobalt, that would be rather impressive, particularly on intuitive ease of use (as in, easy for newbies, and little if any manual work necessarily to use common, basic functions). I look forward to other reviews by people who've worked with both and compare them.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom