VT3 TMT1 NOTAVAIL after servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seo155

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently had my VT3 serviced due to some unforseen issues with a dive buddy dropping a tank on the wrist consoule. After it cam back from OCEANIC the VT3 will no longer pick up my transmitter.

I went through the software and "turned TMT1 on" and its reading 000 blinking and when I hold the S button down for 3 seconds it give me the VT3 BAT Good and switches to the TMT1 NOTAVAIL status.

I'm scratching my head right now. I dont know if there is a procedure to sync them together or if it just reads it outright but what ever it is its just not doing its thing any more. Tried changing the batteries to see "just in case" the battery was dead. Nope, just fine. I inspected the inside of the case and there is no sign on water damage or corrosion.

Any helpful words of wisdom?

Are you sure your transmitter number is still input into the computer? When we had to send our VT3s back to Oceanic, we got back new computers (2 separate times) and had to input our information again, including transmitter numbers.

I had the same issue after having my VT3 serviced. The transmitter number has to be loaded into the reciever to synch them. I seem to remember there was more numbers on the transmitter than there was room for in the reciever and only inputting the first six digits.

Found the problem. If your 6 digit number begins (far left) with ZERO then you MUST put in that ZERO. I saw the zero and omited it; most other applications it doesnt make a diffrence. Apparently this is a Hex or octal transmitter code of sorts and ZERO has value in the binary transfer scheme of things. All is working as advertised now.... Who said Zero was an absence of something. LOL

Back
Top Bottom