VT3 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I got this computer this year and have been on two dives since. When I'm asending I get warning beep and the words Time-Too-Slow blink. And the Variable Ascent Rate Indicator blinks five segments. The ascent is graduale. Could some one be so kind and explain this to me? It's happened on both the dives. A few times per dive.

Thank You

It sounds like you combined 3 warnings - an ascent rate warning will read "SLOW" while an ascent rate violation will read "TOO FAST" - "TIME" would be likely be an AIR TIME or ELAPSED DIVE TIME alarm. I would recommend that you download and take a look at the dive data to understand exactly what was indeed happening at that point during the dive.

Hmmm. I know with my Atom if I raise my arm too quickly I get the same thing. Perhaps we are just confusing the ascent rate alarm? Thats what I have just assumed but have know idea if it is correct.

Thanks for getting back to me. About your post Doug. I looked at dive details. Looks like I ascented to fast. >30 fpm at 20 ft. The computer never blinked "fast", just "too" - "slow". About the "time", Can you explain a little bit about the EDT? I only was down 35f for 40 minutes. And not really at 40 the whole time. Was up and down. And it would only blink with the other two.

I can't seem to send an attachment.

Audible Alarm: on
Max. Depth: 200FT
Elapsed Dive Time: 0, 10
Dive Time Remaining: :05
Max: TLBG: 8(Decompression)
Max: PO2(ATA): 1.60
Turn Pressure: Off
End Pressure: 300 PSI

There you go Doug
Thanks

The Elapsed Dive Time setting is a simple timer - if you want to set it to remind you of your planned max bottom time, say :40 minutes - or some use it as a "turn" alarm - set at half the planned max bottom time. I'm assuming that your setting above is 0:10 or 10 minutes. Some of the reminder alarms - say a max depth alarm will alert you when you reach the set point - if you acknowledge the alarm, it will not trigger again (unless you correct the condition, then enter it again). I believe that the elapsed dive time alarm will trigger periodically once you have exceeded the set point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom