VT3 Flashing EL2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My partner's VT3 computer has NORM and EL2 flashing alternatively on the main screen. Mine just has NORM. I believe that EL2 refer to some altitude level even though we are at sea level so does it mean that the pressure sensor is malfunctioning?

Thanks

Send it back to Oceanic. Mine did that when we were diving Bonaire last summer. My retailer sent it back to Oceanic and I received a brand new one as a replacement.

One thing that you may try is giving it a good wash with warmer water. The same thing was happening to my Atom2.0, it looks like some salt/water deposits may form causing the pressure sensor to read like you are at elevation. I just filled my sink with warm water, put the Atom in, and swirled it around for a couple of minutes. Took care of it for me.

I've had it happen after about every 15-20 dives. But the "warm water" method has taken care of it every time. Now, when I go on a trip, I do it before I leave, and every night on the hotel after diving. This is just a little more thorough than just fresh water rinsing.

Worth a try!

I did that warm water soak and it did not help right away but two days later, the problem resolved itself...go figure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom