VT3 doesn't recognize USB cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeltaWardog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Tried to submit this on Oceanic's website but their contact form generates an error.

I just purchased a USB cable for my VT3 computer. The USB drivers installed fine on my PC (Windows XP Pro SP2) and the OceanLog software sees the USB cable. But when I plug the cable into the VT3 nothing happens. I've also tried the firmware update utility and it reports it cannot communicate with the VT3. Anything I can try to make this work? Did I get the wrong cable?

Nope, just says Oceanic (R) Oceanlog PC Interface.

edit: Also, the package insert says "Oceanlog Kit, USB" and "04.9600" if that means anything to you.

Argh! OK thanks Doug. I'll contact the dealer and find out what I can do. This is the only cable they sell, thought it worked with all the computers.

Got the correct cable today, works great. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, Doug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom