VT3 and Oceanlog software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCFScuba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Fairly new to this stuff but:

1. My VT3 shows 20+ dives on it but only downloads the last 4. Figured out that I had the sample rate too high but still, the VT3 has the right dive count and the basic info for all those dives but it only sends the last 4.

2. Given that problem, is there a way to edit the downloaded info so at least the life time dive and dive numbers are correct? My dive numbers show 13, 14, 15, 16 but the life time dives are 1, 2, 3, 4. In my case it appears that I am locked out from trying to change any of the info. How can I input previous dives so that the dive numbers are correct?

Thanks,
bcfscuba

I had the same problem when I had a new VT Pro. I didn't pay attention to the sample rate and had no idea how much data would be retained. I believe your dive profiles from the oldest dives are gone, but the basic information is still there as you have noted. A quick workaround is to enter the dive info manually in the Oceanlog software and force the software to renumber your dives, which is done automatically when you enter the correct date/time of the older dives.

This is one area where Oceanic has some room for improvement. Memory is small and cheap. The current limits can be a problem when on a long dive trip and you don't want to bring a laptop computer.

Back
Top Bottom