VT3 and oceanlog 2.2.5 remaining air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update that sounds so reasuring that you know do not have problems and it appears you are also happy with the VT3 and how it works...

Here is the deal. There is still a problem with the VT3 unless they have released a new firmware. I was told by oceanic that the problem was in the firmware, not with the software. So no version of the software will fix the issue. Now that being said, I would still purchase the computer. It is a really nice computer and the the computer software is nice. The only problem I have found is that the when you go into the dive details (where you see a graph of your dive) some thing do not directly match up with real data. For instance, the dive page may tell you that you ended your dive with 700 PSI, but the dive details page will show something different. This is not that big of a deal since it is only on that page, and doesn't affect the dive. Like I said, this is in the firmware, the sampling rate to be exact. See the problem is that the dive detail works in a sort of snap shot fashion. Where every couple of seconds (depending how you have the computer set) it trys to take a snapshot of the dive. The problem is that it doesn't do it with real number. It just takes in account what PSI you started at, then subtracts even numbers from that number as you dive. The problem is that the computer only records even number, and if your psi is odd then it will round it down. Then the next snapshot will be subtracted from that rounded number. So the more sample you have it set to take, the more error you could have. One of my dive it was 400 psi different, when I had the sampling rate set to 2 seconds. So on a 30 min dive you have 900 samples being taken at a rate of 2 seconds. That mean you potentially (worst case) have a offset of 900 psi. Like I said. This is not on the computer side, that you use during the dive, but on something you only see when downloaded to the pc. I hope this was understood. But I love the computer, and wouldn't let this small problem sway you away from purchasing one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom