VT3 and oceanlog 2.2.5 remaining air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brysonjk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just purchased the VT3, and was trying out the oceanlog software. I upgraded to the 2.2.5 version, and after downloading the dives to my PC, I was looking over them, and noticed that on the dive screen it has the correct remaining PSI, but if I got to the dive details screen it shows something totally different. On my first dive it shows that I was without any air for the last 5 min of my dive, but the "Dive" page shows I surfaced with 400 PSI. This was not due to the loss of transmitter or anything, just seems to be a calculation issue. I have tried to export the info to Scubabase, but it is the wrong PSI info that gets exported. Like I said, all the info on the "Dive" menu is correct (starting PSI, Ending PSI, Temp, etc...) But when I move onto the next menu "Dive Details" I get something totally different.

Thanks in advanced

Thank you. I sent the file over to your email.

Just wondering if there is any updates from Oceanic on this. I have raised my sample rate to 15 sec instead of 2 as I was informed to do by Oceanic, I am diving this saturday and will test it out then. Hopefully a new firmware release or something will come out to fix this problem.

I am about to purchase a VT3 and wanted to know before i do whether there is still software problems with the Ocean log software. I like the computer but if its having problems it may sway me away from it. Also what is the latest version of this please?

Like with any software a few people run into problems with their particular install.
In general I've found Oceanlog to be completely functional since version 2.2.4
I now have version 2.2.6 installed on a Windows Vista 64bit laptop.
I own both Oceanic VT3 and Atom 2.0 computers and have no problem switching between the 2 computers. My wife is also a diver and generally uses the VT3 she keeps her log on my laptop and we have no problems switching between the 2 logs.
I also had our logs on another laptop running Windows XP using up to version 2.2.5 of Oceanlog.
For a new install you'll probably have no problems at all. I venture to say that most of the latest reported problems on new installs are related to issues with individual computers and or conflicts with other installed software.
I've also found some users reporting issues that are just a lack of understanding of the limits of the software and PDC. For instance people complaining about the wrong temperatures in the Surface temperture and Air temperature fields of the software. The PDC isn't designed to measure Air temps and as for surface temps the computer doesn't even turn on until you are submerged and ends the dive within 3 feet of the surface. These 2 fields are meant to be filled in manually by the user. You can get a surface temp by manually turn the PDC on at the beginning of the dive and then it will be on the dive details page in the software. I still have the PDC set to wet activate just in case I forget to turn it on manually.
Many of the reported problems are related to users that started with early versions of Oceanlog and updates. As Oceanlog was updated changes in the fields presented caused some issues with the database(logs) from earlier versions. I myself had to go through all my earlier dive log records and make changes to have it conform to the new fields. Once this was done my database stabilized and Oceanlog has been stable for me since.
I don't consider Oceanlog to be a particularly attractive user interface but it is a highly functional dive logging software package.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom