VT-Pro problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rule62

Reaction score
Is there a trick to removing the VT Pro from the wrist boot. I've tried everything and don't want to damage the case. I want to remove it and put it on a BC transit clip.

The wrist unit uses watch pins to fasten it to both the strap and the computer itself. Once the watch pins are removed, it can be removed from the actual boot itself by pushing it from the back. Good choice on the transit clip. I personally like that configuration the best.

TexasScuba53:
Is there a trick to removing the VT Pro from the wrist boot. I've tried everything and don't want to damage the case. I want to remove it and put it on a BC transit clip.

It's tricky. I did the same thing and it took me a while. If I recall I used a small flat screw driver to pull back on the latching mechanism to get the watch like fastener undone. Also, be careful when putting it on the BC clip, the fasteners that came with the watch mount and the BC mount are not the same, be sure to use the ones that came with the new clip.

TxHockeyGuy:
It's tricky. I did the same thing and it took me a while. If I recall I used a small flat screw driver to pull back on the latching mechanism to get the watch like fastener undone. Also, be careful when putting it on the BC clip, the fasteners that came with the watch mount and the BC mount are not the same, be sure to use the ones that came with the new clip.

Thanks for the feed back. I talked to customer support at Oceanic and the guy said use a shoe horn!!! Then he said all I have to do is remove the wrist straps. Unfortunately, I already cut the boot on the bottom to try and extricate the freekin computer so I'll probably replace the boot or just leave it and attach to the retractor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom