Vote on the slogan now!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
IF YOU ARE A TEXAN BY BIRTH OR A TEXAN BY HEART, or just want to help a great cause......

The Texas Highway Department's anti-litter slogan "Don't Mess With Texas" has been nominated for a very prestigious advertising award. If it were to win, a Bronze Plaque would be placed on Madison Avenue's "Advertising Walk of Fame" in New York City and would also get a permanent place at the Advertising Icon Museum in Kansas City.

Please go to the Advertising Week Favorite Slogan's Website and vote:

The competition is tough, like "Got Milk?", "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", "The breakfast of Champions" and others, so please vote before September 29, 2006 and tell your fellow Texans to do likewise.

Wouldn't it be cool for New Yorkers to have to walk past a Bronze Plaque every day that said, "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"?

P.S. Please pass this on to all of your friends - Texans and honoraries...!! This is a matter of "Texas Pride"! We can win this if everybody forwards the link to their friends, and they vote. Do it now. The link to be copied and pasted is http://advertising.yahoo.com/advertisingweek_06/slogan_poll.html

Good luck Don...cuz "Got Milk?" "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" and "Breakfast of Champions" are all better than "Don't mess with Texas" :rofl3: :rofl3:

:14:

Whew, that was a close one! There's some tough competition there... I very nearly caved on "Only YOU can prevent forest fires."

archman:
Whew, that was a close one! There's some tough competition there... I very nearly caved on "Only YOU can prevent forest fires."
That one is old as me, wrong, etc. I can't believe they're running that again. :11:

You wanta post the poll on the Texas forum...??

"Got Milk?" "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" and "Breakfast of Champions" are total loosers. :light:

DandyDon:
You wanta post the poll on the Texas forum...??
Nah, I wouldn't want to exclude all the non-Texans from voting... there must be five or six of them at least on this board.

This thread might get dumped in the petitions forum, anyhoo.

archman:
Nah, I wouldn't want to exclude all the non-Texans from voting... there must be five or six of them at least on this board.

This thread might get dumped in the petitions forum, anyhoo.
You wouldn't. This thread would still be here, altho this forum is overlooked so much now.

I shoulda put this in the Texas forum, but don't want to double post same thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom