Vortex v12 vs Vortex v16 Split Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubZeroOC

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased all new gear... fins are next on my list... tomorrow actually... any feedback on the Vortex fins?

The V-12 is a solid rubber split fin. Great for cruising with limited effort. The new V-16 soon to be shipped is a four compound plastic fin that will have a stiffer feel than the V-12. V-16 will be better in currents and also will allow for frog kicks or sculling. And for my money is visually more appealling.

Regards,
Darryl

are there any other opinions as to which ones to buy, v12 are quite flexible and heavy and the v16's are lighter and stiffer. Do they really save that much air?

I have and like both sets of fins. The V-16s are lighter which, in this day or airline baggage fees, make a difference in the weight of your luggage when traveling. Performance-wise, I can't say that I notice a difference between them. The V-16s do tend to be a little slippery on the bottom when standing on a pool deck (possibly boat deck as well).

I am looking to buy a new pair of v16 oceanic fins, can anyone tell me where the best prices are.
Thank You
ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom