Vortex sank in Socorro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes, i know that. the vortex was on its first voyage after refit when I was on the solmar, had a mini tour of the interior and you could tell the emphasis was on luxury versus seaworthiness.

yes, i know that. the vortex was on its first voyage after refit when I was on the solmar, had a mini tour of the interior and you could tell the emphasis was on luxury versus seaworthiness.
And now they have neither. To quote the Peter, Paul, and Mary recording of "Where have all the flowers gone?" "...Oh when will they ever learn...?"

Interesting, What type of lack of seaworthiness did you observe?

the interior was hollowed to make it more open and had frosted glass panels/dividers to make it look like a hotel reception. recent pictures look different though, so those may not have lasted

can't remember if we anchored off isla socorro on my trip on their smaller boat, the solmar v. for sure remember seeing them anchored along with everybody else at san benedicto. the refit to make it more luxurious was kinda of hamfisted though, wonder if that caused any instability issues rather than just plain old human error.

All boats going to the Revillagigedos go to Isla Socorro for the naval inspection. It's built into the itinerary. I've been down there twice on the Solmar V and we did both times ... as explained in the briefing, the physical inspection is required by the Mexican Navy. They build the dive itinerary for that one day around when the navy plans to board and inspect your boat.

... Bob

Back
Top Bottom