Vortex/Morrison 01/29-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Smedley & I plan to be down at Vortex and/or Morrison (and/or maybe Cypress) this weekend for some rest and relaxation watching the pretty fishies & eels & such. No students, just fun. We'll be staying at Vortex and BBQing on the big grill at "Grandview Lodge" (above the air fill station) Saturday night. Bring something to throw on the grill & join us.
Rick

Hey Rick- I'll be in Marianna with a student Saturday- but will try to stop by and say hi.

I will be there as well, working with a OW class as a DMC. I am also diving with my gf who was just recently certified. She has about 9 dives logged, and wants to practice.

Rick, I look forward to meeting you. You seem like a really cool guy. I think my reservations are for Otter Creek. I hope to see you there.

I may be at Morrison at some point this weekend, depending on whether or not I can find a dive buddy and the rain stays away. I'll swing by and see if you guys are around if the trip goes through.

They are forecasting rain at the end of the week though... Maybe they'll be wrong, like they were last week - sure'd be nice if Morrison was able to clear up!

One nice thing about the "Grandview Lodge" is that we have sheltered tables for our BBQ whether it rains or not...
Hope to see you there.
Rick :)

If it rains - we can still BBQ - If it rains hard there is a hamburger steak calling our names at Sally's. There is also a biscuit or three or two with tomato gravy calling our names Sunday morning. OMG we're outnumbered! DiverBob - will be great to meet you but don't know if we can manage the swinging bridge after a Corona or three or two. Bring something to toss on the grille and you and your GF are welcome to socialize with us underneath the Grandview Lodge. If you don't have anything for the grille we usually have enough for the Indian Army. If you're at the diveshop and facing the spring the steps on the center of the Lodge are us on Saturday night. SuprBugMan we must meet you we must we must.... Sea Yoda - you too. This - after all - is the Hodagg January family outing....

Definately sounds fun :) What time are you guys planning on getting there Saturday? I wouldn't mind heading out if you guys don't mind buddying up - not gonna head out without verifying I have a dive buddy.

Tom Smedley:
... Sea Yoda - you too. This - after all - is the Hodagg January family outing....
If you meet me this weekend it will have to be where I work, which is a hospital. I think you're better off waiting untill next time :D.

I look at the river forecast every day and just keep my fingers crossed. Then I curse the rain! Im still waiting on plans for saturday, but planning on jetties for sunday still. Might be able to make morrison on saturday depending on what happens with a cave class.

The forecast is calling for a chance of rain... no biggie. Vortex won't be flooded out even if Morrison is...
We plan to get to Vortex Saturday morning; if Morrison looks good we may make a side trip over there sometime during the day, but we'll be back at Vortex well before sundown no matter what, so we can properly prepare for our BBQ & shindig.
My cell is 334-462-2619 and if I'm not underwater I'll answer it.
See y'all there!
Rick

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom