Vortex March 4 and 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The whole group from Montgomery will be there. We have mostly the whole Grandview Lodge reserved but the staff will be in Grandview Three. The room with the steps facing the dive shop.

We have almost 20 open water and four or more advanced students. We will of course be lighting twenty pounds of charcoal just about dark.

If you are there join us for some socialization and great food. We'll be glad to see ya!!

Hey Tom,

I saw a bumper sticker the other night that had your saying about not medeling in the affairs of dragons; it ma de me laugh. Anywho see you at Vortex.

Tom, are you interested in Cypress this go-'round? :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
Tom, are you interested in Cypress this go-'round? :)
I have 19 open water and 4 advanced students so I don't think I will have time but am very interested soon.

Tom,
You need to bring Your students down and do some salt water diving with Us some time.

algulfdiver:
Tom,
You need to bring Your students down and do some salt water diving with Us some time.
Yeah we do don't we?
You already booked for the sinking of the "O" boat?
Rick

The day approaches - I've all but packed the old green truck. I can smell those Robertsdale sausages that SuprBugMan promised to bring - you did promise that didn't you, Matt.

I actually carried the "GreenMobile" to Madison Avenue Car Wash today and the person drying it said - and I quote "This truck was nasty!"

But with 146000 miles it carries 40 tanks and all my stuff to Vortex without complaint. Except maybe the ridge in the road just south of Elba but I always slow down.

Be warned Sally - orders for a Hamburger Steak - well done - onions but no gravy - hushpuppies - and a sweet potato will happen Friday night about eight.

All yall join us Saturday night for the Grand Barbecue - you won't regret it - Uncle Rick, who is older than I am, says so.

Tom Smedley:
Uncle Rick, who is older than I am
Tommy's so old he's forgotten his own birthday, which precedes mine by a not inconsiderable time :)
Rick (mere pup)

I won't be there until Sunday morning to dive Cypress, might hit up Vortex for a visit afterwards if you guys will still be around Sunday early evening.? If so, I can bring the sausage :)

The weekend was a grand success. We certified everyone we took except one who got an earache. Saturday was warm out of the wind but cold in the wind. We put up a tarp under the Grandview Lodge to block the wind.

Sunday was warm and wonderful. Both days were sort of crowded but everyone brought their sense of humor and we made it through.

Never saw so much food at the Saturday Barbecue. Here is a picture of the grill and of Rick Murchison sweating because there may be too much food for him to eat in one setting.

All in all a grand weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom