Vortex 3-18-2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:focus:

Has anyone discerned the "why" Larry was in Vortex, and so far back?

Also, was he trapped in the 4th restriction?

In general, the mainline in a cave has arrows every 100 feet. These arrows point the way to the nearest exit, so that if you are ever confused you know which way to go. The distance is marked on that arrow. If you want to know where something is, you can say, "just before the 1200 foot arrow."

This is true for most park caves, but not all, and definately not for most cave systems.

Its not the case in Vortex, to keep things on target.

Since you would be in close prox to the line - no thick antenna would be needed - a VERY thin antenna could be imbedded in a line, making it VERY easy to cut.

Whats close? While in Vortex, its hard to get too far off the line... in other caves, its not all that uncommon to get 40' off the line when the passage is 150' wide and tall, and visibility is 200' :)

I forgot about the paid dive for the tv show. I turned it down until they told me how much i would be paid.

Sweeeeet! :D

My last fun dive there was because for 5 months EVERYTHING in the panhandle except JB was blown due to floods so three of us went.

Easy there buddy, thats never happened. Theres always something in the panhandle to dive, even outside of JB or Vortex.

Easy there buddy, thats never happened. Theres always something in the panhandle to dive, even outside of JB or Vortex.

Yeah, if you like the really scary ones! :shocked2:

The firehoses never flood here :)

Im still waiting to see those... I think if the three of us went there that day the Miss Jellyfish would have had a bad day!!

They never blow out Kevin, never a bad day diving a nice clear spring, ripping flow or not :)

They never blow out Kevin, never a bad day diving a nice clear spring, ripping flow or not :)
Told ya the boat is ready when you are!!!

I hate to be the killjoy of the group, but this thread really seems to have diverged from the nature and purpose of the accidents and incidents fora. Four pages in and we really know less about what happened and why than we did due to rampant speculation, and everyone branching off topic. Is there any new information?

:focus:

Has anyone discerned the "why" Larry was in Vortex, and so far back?

Also, was he trapped in the 4th restriction?

Posts for further information are being ignored. :D

I had a few questions too, Jaxx.... for one, what did he get hung up on? But I'm guessing no one knows yet... so...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom