Volunteers needed for the NSS CDS Workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xenia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was forced... hmmmm... volunteered :wink:to be the volunteer coordinator for the NSS CDS workshop that will take place on March 25-27 at Suwannee High School (where Sheck Exley was teaching!!), Live Oak, FL. Here is the registration website with more details: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/284841869

This is going to be a fabulous event with speakers such as Jill Heinerth, Lamar English, Peter Buzzacott, Kelly Jessop, Chris Richardson, and Edd Sorenson.

WE NEED YOU! It will be fun to help, get to meet everyone that is there, plus make this event a huge success! You can help for a few hours, then attend the sessions, then hold another shift...

So before I get desperate and start posting pictures of myself with a bikini to attract more volunteers :D, here's what we need:

For Friday, May 25th:
-- 4 volunteers are needed to greet and register people during the social event that will take place at Dive Outpost. BTW if you did not know, that means excellent food from Cathy! (yes you will get a chance to grab a bite or two!)
What these volunteers will need to do:
a. Stand at entrance, check for people that have registered.
b. Sell raffle tickets
c. Greet and be cheerful!
d. Mostly standing, duration 3-4 hrs

For Saturday, May 26th:
-- 6 volunteers needed to work on 3 different shifts (3-4 hours) at the registration desk.
What they need to do:
a. Check for registered participants
b. Register new participants
c. Sell raffle tickets
d. Register participants for door prizes
e. Mostly sitting, duration 3-4 hrs

-- 2 volunteers needed to work in 2 shifts (4 hours each) hovering around the exhibitions.
What they need to do:
a. Hover around the exhibitions and let participants know about upcoming talks.
b. Mostly standing, walking. Duration 3-4 hrs

-- 1 volunteer needed to help with art show. What he/she needs to do:
a. Help art show exhibitors to setup
b, Provide or help them find tools, help they may need.
c. Duration: 4 hrs. Mostly standing. This should not be continuous
work, just be there when someone from the art show needs you.

-- 1 volunteer needed to help exhibitors. What he/she needs to do:
a. Help exhibitors to setup
b, Provide or help them find tools, help they may need.
c. Duration: 4 hrs. Mostly standing. This should not be continuous
work, just be there when someone from the exhibitors you.

What is in there for you: help NSS CDS to have a great workshop! Meet people (you are probably going to meet everyone being a volunteer!!). You can help either Friday, or Saturday, or both days for a few hours!!! Let me know by PM if would like to help.

Xenia

Wow, I wish I could be a part of this, but I have a class that weekend. I hope we have a lot of ScubaBoardians take advantage of this. Let me know if you want some stickers to give out.

Thank you so much for the support NetDoc. I hope you will find some time to swing by the workshop if you are going to be around the area.

I think this is going to be a fun event even if you are not a cave diver. The speakers have such a diverse background and their talks will be interesting to anyone that loves diving.

I look forward to have ScubaBoardians helping us and participating in the workshop!! Only with your help this is going to be a successful event!

I think I will be there at the Silent Diving Booth... anyway, I'll get the word out.

Looking forward to seeing you and Bobby... well, you mostly.

Be good

Great!! I think Bobby was boycotting our meeting, all of these times you visited NFL.

Look forward to seeing you at the workshop. I will be the girl with the whip trying to get volunteers to work.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom