Vobster or Chepstow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys

As a Berkshire (UK) resident both Vobster and Chepstow are similarly easy to get to and pretty much the same distance. From a purely diving perspective (things to see underwater, depth of lake/quarry, facilities, price, etc) is any one dive centre better than the other? I've dived @ Chepstow already but haven't been to Vobster yet and as such am querying whether there's much difference between the two places. I not interested in jetskiing, zip lines, or any above-surface activities apart from getting something to eat between dives, changing, parking, cylinder refills, etc, just purely the diving aspect of things. I'd love to hear your opinions and recommendations. Cheers

Last time I was at the bottem of Day House quarry (now the NDC at Chapstow) I was hauling 25 tonne of stone out.

Ha ha! Well I'm doing my PADI Deep Diving certification in a few few weeks up @ NDAC: you didn't perchance leave a Caterpillar or Komatsu dozer down there @ 40m that l might be able to find.......?

Hi guys

As a Berkshire (UK) resident both Vobster and Chepstow are similarly easy to get to and pretty much the same distance. From a purely diving perspective (things to see underwater, depth of lake/quarry, facilities, price, etc) is any one dive centre better than the other? I've dived @ Chepstow already but haven't been to Vobster yet and as such am querying whether there's much difference between the two places. I not interested in jetskiing, zip lines, or any above-surface activities apart from getting something to eat between dives, changing, parking, cylinder refills, etc, just purely the diving aspect of things. I'd love to hear your opinions and recommendations. Cheers
I'm a big fan of Vobster. Very friendly, well organised and easily accessible waterside from the carpark. Good underwater POI, depths range from 6 to 32m and viz is usually 5m+ (better if you go deeper and during the week when less students about). All the usual facilities.

If I want depth I tend to go to NDAC, but anything less than 30m it's Vobster if I'm diving inland.

Vobster is alright if you get in the bottom car park. If you don't, it's a massive PITA. Not been in years, so unsure how access to the bottom car park is organised these days. Last time I went, it was all schools with their student's kit strewn all over the kitting up benches.

I'm a big fan of Vobster. Very friendly, well organised and easily accessible waterside from the carpark. Good underwater POI, depths range from 6 to 32m and viz is usually 5m+ (better if you go deeper and during the week when less students about). All the usual facilities.

If I want depth I tend to go to NDAC, but anything less than 30m it's Vobster if I'm diving inland.

GF...

And...if your timing is right...and with the help of a little prior planning...you can stop by Vobster Marine...and take a RED BARE for a test flight...

W.M...

Hi guys

From today’s announcement from the PM you want be going diving for a few months. A ban has been placed on all social meetings, of any size.

Can the inland dive sites survive until the ban is lifted, around August time.

GF...

And...if your timing is right...and with the help of a little prior planning...you can stop by Vobster Marine...and take a RED BARE for a test flight...

W.M...
:thumb:. Already had a couple of try dives on the Red Bare. Lovely piece of kit, despite my lack of CCR skills!

I second that: the staff at Vobster is incredibly friendly and funny.

The NDAC has better depth but it can be a bit of a pain to use the shuttle if you need a refill.

They are both very nice places to train and you should probably go to both :).

Unfortunately I live in London, so they are both a bit far away for me. I have been to the NDAC for a single day, that was maybe 7 hours of driving in a day ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom