VISTA Compatibility - Atom 1.0, VT3, VT Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of bugs, after trying to import data from Oceanlog 1 into 2, 2 quit working. THEN I upgraded to VISTA Home Premium, and O 2 still doesn't work. Checking into the matter on this forum suggests an update to O 2 is suppposed to be overdue by now, and some people have had trouble with it.

And yes, uninstalling it, downloading it again & reinstalling was attempted & still didn't work.

Richard.

cummings66:
Oceanlog 2.12 for me, and it works fine. I don't know about Version 1 however, I suspect it will work because so far almost every piece of software I've installed worked.

Drivers on the other hand have been an issue, a webcam I use for astrophotography which is a SPC900NC is incompatible with Vista. Even though it's brand new Phillips will not support it and say they have no intentions of writing new drivers. It's their only CCD based webcam to boot, the others are CMOS. Slightly off topic but it shows that drivers are the real issue.

I suspect the USB drivers used here though are fine since they're used on some older products as well, gut feeling is it will work.

That is interesting since version 2.12 of the Aeris software tells me "You do not have the proper license to use this functionality".

Doug do you have any idea why thisis the case?

I wonder if it's got to do with OceanLog being version specific. On Oceanic's webpage for Oceanlog it lists what it's for, the aeris is not listed and I suspect that means Oceanlog from Oceanic is not compatible with the Aeris even though it is the same computer with a different name on it.

I say that based on the fact that my Genesis React Pro is also related to them in a similar fashion and the only software that works to download is the Genesis software, yet I can import it in Divelog using the Oceanic import. Oceanic does not recognize it, so I suspect it looks for an Oceanic model number, failing to find it the program says no can do...

Since you mentioned a specific error message, I just tried to run Oceanlog 2 to see what it'd tell me.

Dialogue box popped up telling me Error in Average Depth calculation.

Click Okay.

Dialogue box popped up telling me Run-time error '3265': Item not found in this collection.

Click okay, & that's the end of it.

If Oceanic staff read these threads perchance, perhaps that will be of some use.

Richard.

Sounds like someone is trying to run/add/edit data from a table via code via ADO or DAO, but a field name doesn't exist in the table or something similar...

I haven't got OceanLog (only have a veo100nx) - but is it really only an Access/VisualBasic application? perhaps only a redistribable access runtime install with a MDE file?

if so, when I get a better computer (ie 250 or something) and datacable, I'm tempted to see what I can write for myself...

DiveMaven:
I can get OceanLog to run on my VISTA computer, but can't get it to open my husband's previous data without seeing big black squares where information should be. :( I haven't tried to download from his computer to see what would happen with the new information, but plan to do that next.

Hopefully Oceanic will come out with a patch for VISTA soon

I actually noticed that in XP as well, it has to do with the colour scheme you are running on the computer. Try the default and it will be fine :D

Back
Top Bottom