Visiting July 1-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ogre

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am from atlanta Georgia and will be visiting the Monterey area the first week of july. I would like to know where the best dive sites are and who to dive with. I am also looking for anyone/ group that is planning on a dive during that time frame, and would allow me to tag along. I would rather not have to pay for a guide.

WOW, 42 people reade this and no one had any info that they would give me. I can only say that I can realy feel the love from the west coast. Thanks for looking out for a fellow diver.:(

Usually folks here are extremly helpful....

Since the weather has been nice they are probably away from their computers and out camping, diving, doing whatever peepoles do in the nice weather...

I have been gone for some time cuz of work and havent been here to check and see whats goings on..

I would check out DIVE THE ESCAPADE IN MONTEREY BAY

They are one of the local charter boats... Best bet would be do a morning dive as the chances of getting to Carmel are better then the afternoon trips...

You can also check out Monterey Bay Dive Center and see if they have anything going on... You can also just show up at the BreakH2o and see if you cant make buddies and tag along....

There are so many options...

Best of luck

I would offer to dive with you but it is going to very hard and expensive to get a motel room in Monterey at that time so I will not be going. There are plenty of shore dives like the Breakwater (not so exciting and very crowded) or Pt Lobos but you need a buddy and a reservation. Boat diving is probably best bet for you and Beachhopper is good, Cypress Sea is good; hopefully you can find a buddy on board. Have fun.

WOW, 42 people reade this and no one had any info that they would give me. I can only say that I can realy feel the love from the west coast. Thanks for looking out for a fellow diver.:(

Most of the folks probably have 4th of July plans already (just as I already have) and maybe that's why no one posted a reply. A simple bump onto the thread would have sufficed without the attitude.. That's probably why you aren't getting any replies.

Most of the folks probably have 4th of July plans already (just as I already have) and maybe that's why no one posted a reply. A simple bump onto the thread would have sufficed without the attitude.. That's probably why you aren't getting any replies.

And a quick read of recent threads will show that the subject comes up about once a
week, and gets the same answers every time, including this parallel thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/237003-dive-suggestions-monterey-ca-area.html

My usual answer is to read: http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/ba_diving/

Chuck

As far as dive buddies go if you keep in touch with me, via PMs I can let you know the plan. The 3rd is my birthday but due to work I generally don't go out of town, and since everyone I know does go out of town I usually dont have much going on. I may take off a few extra days for some diving right around my birthday so it could potentially work quite well. I just wont know whats up until we get closer to then.

Again keep in touch with me, and so long as I am diving any day you are available you are more than welcome to come.

I would like to apologize for the attitude that I had. I was really had a bad day and then got on and made the post, I am really not that big of a jerk. I would also like to thank everyone that replied and especially the ones that pointed that I was not being fair. I was reading on the dive shops web site about what is offered and note they really discourage single divers showing up for a boat dive. In and around the Florida area they just try and match single divers with other divers of the same skill level, and on many dives the group I was with ended up with 2 or three people that were just tagging along. Do they not do that out there?
Once again please accept my apologies for all the attitude and thank again for the info.
Carl

In and around the Florida area they just try and match single divers with other divers of the same skill level, and on many dives the group I was with ended up with 2 or three people that were just tagging along. Do they not do that out there?

Yes, they'll do that here too.

I'll have to check my schedule, I *might* be able to go diving with you around those dates.

Apologies accepted. We all have tough days, and the worst are the one where the tough gets you
nowhere (I had a tough day, but we got the upgrade done a couple of hours ahead of MY schedule (and
three weeks ahead of the boss's schedule)).

Folks who DON'T apologize, well, they don't get accepted.

Back
Top Bottom